Custom Face Mask (with bridge wire)
Send me your favourite t-shirt or piece of material, and I'll cut it up and use it for the outer layer of a custom face mask – made just for you. There is no additional cost for this option.
While you're here, take a look at my Limited Edition Art Prints – unique, affordable art. Click here
See the Custom Order Guide below for more information, and HOW TO ORDER.
Hand-made, hand-painted, 3-layer fitted face mask. Now with in-built bridge wire.
I use a mix of cotton/polyester fabrics for the inside two layers, then add your material to create these unique face-fitting masks. The fit is comfortable, and there is a good amount of space inside (doesn't sit against the mouth). Other masks that I have tried tended to make my glasses fog, so I have designed these to fit snugly across the bridge of the nose with the help of sewn-in safety wire. The masks are held in place with 6mm elastic, so they're easy on the ears too. See the Fitting Guide for more information.
When complete, your mask will have three layers of material, to meet current health recommendations. The inside layers may vary in color, depending on what material is available at time of production, but that's why you're choosing to buy a handmade product. All cloth is hand-cut, then sewn with a Vintage PFAFF sewing machine (circa 1968). Is vintage, is good.
All material is been washed prior to production. See the Product Care section for more information.
Face masks are mailed within Australia via Parcel Post, typically the next business day after your order has been received.
Cold hand wash only, using a mild liquid detergent. Air-dry folded, on a flat surface. Do not machine wash. Do not machine dry. Iron folded on a medium setting if required. Material colors and hand-painted elements may fade over time.
Tired of fogging up your glasses when you wear a face mask? The bridge wire sewn into these masks will help to minimise 'glasses fog' when the mask is fitted correctly.
I have found the best way is to take your glasses off, fit the mask to your face, placing the elastic behind your ears, and then shape the bridge wire across the bridge of your nose. You should only need to do this once. Finally, put your glasses back on, making sure the bridge wire sits BEHIND the bridge of your glasess.
Custom Order Guide
The material that you supply for the outer layer must be cotton or polyester/cotton. I can't work with silk or other lightweight material – sorry, my vintage PFAFF sewing machine says "no".
- 36 cm wide (minimum for one mask)
- 20 cm high (minimum for one mask)
- Be advised – part of your design will be lost due to the tapered shape and seam on the front of the mask (so no words).
How to order:
- Add a Custom Fase Mask to your Cart
- ADD A NOTE: I need a description of what section/s you would like to include on your mask, so you must add a note before you pay for your item. This option is available on the Check-out page
- Check-out and pay
- Send me your material.
Once you have paid for your custom mask, you will need to send your material to:
Parcel Locker 1011215918
170-172 Chapel Street
St Kilda East VIC 3183
I will then include your material in the next production run (1-2 days), and send your mask/s back to you when they're finished.
SecureCrayon does not recommend the use of these homemade facemasks when surgical masks or N95 respirators are available. These face masks should only be used in non-surgical settings when the healthcare provider (HCP) will be more than 1.5 metres from a symptomatic patient. HCPs should NOT use these face masks when there is:
- Significant exposure to liquid, bodily, or other hazardous fluids
- A high level of infection risk through inhala tion exposure
- A high-intensity heat sources or flammable gases.
- These homemade facemasks are not surgical masks or Filtering Facepiece Respirators (FFRs).
- These face masks have not been tested for fluid resistance, particulate or bacteria filtration efficiency, differential pressure, or flammability.